Sunday 2 September 2012

Youngsters making it happen for themselves

Being one of the speakers at the Queens of Media Event, hosted by- and for students at Damelin, was indeed a proud moment for me.  A wonderful event, organised by Jarvas Mahlangu and his team.

If all the youth, could be as pro-active as these youngsters, whom I was privileged to meet, then there is hope to build a wonderful country.



The Speakers at the event

From left to right:

Tumelo Mothotoane, Neo Ntsoma, Andeline Williams-Pretorius and Ntombikayise Phiri.


It was wonderful to be one of the speakers, together with radio presenters and photo journalist.  This is all because of my programme: Grow Your Personal Brand or Business By Getting Great Publicity.  What a winner, this programme of mine?  

Click this link to read my article with the same title for what I focus on when presenting this fantastic programme:

http://ezinearticles.com/?Nine-Options-To-Grow-Your-Personal-Brand-or-Business-By-Getting-Great-Publicity&id=7203618


Andeline on stage presenting her talk.


I was deeply touched when I became aware of the objective of the event.  Students realising that they have to see what they could do for themselves to make sure that they are better equipped for the job-market.  To learn skills to ensure that they are able to do something else, while waiting to get the job that they studied for.


Some of the students, listening to my talk.


These students are speaking my language.  I am very excited about our youth and about these students and all others taking such initiative, because when I was their age, I was still struggling with a crippling lack of self-esteem and lack of assertiveness.  And here they are...doing such fantastic work.  How fabulous is that.  I wish them the best, because they deserve it.


Earlier this year, after graduating myself, I wrote a blog post about the new graduate, about how, when they struggle to find employment, how they are unable to re-invent themselves.  You can see this blog post further down, titled: 
"You are a new graduate; now what?"

Click this link to read blog post.
http://www.andelinewilliamspretorius.blogspot.com/2012/04/you-are-new-graduate-now-what.html


Yes, I am available to speak at your event.

For enquiries, send and email to: info@andeline.co.za

Andeline Williams-Pretorius
Inspirational Speaker, Trainer, Author, Wife, Mother.

Andeline's Motivational Training was recently nominated in the prestigious ROCCI - Business of The Year Awards


After a journey of more than ten years of hard work, sacrifices, commitment, getting it wrong and then getting it right, it is finally happening for me.  And I am grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment