Tuesday 17 December 2013

A big thank you, from everyone at The Empathy Foundation, NPO 070-849

Dear Friends,

It is with a tremendous amount of gratitude that I look back to reflect on this year, the good times, the challenges, the successes, but more importantly: YOU, because of your support, we are growing from strength to strength. 


Our Entrepreneurship objective
This is also the year in which The Empathy Angels Project was officially adopted and launched to contribute to our objective where we focus on entrepreneurship.  However, the Empathy Angels was born a number of years ago.  I have knocked on many doors to have it implemented, but they all remain shut.  People told me that it could never work.  
Well, today I want to say to you to never listen to anybody who tells you this when your core tells you that your dream is indeed POSSIBLE!
I didn’t take the pessimism to heart, but went back to the drawing board. 

I asked myself:  Well, how COULD this work? 




I got an idea to write my book about Empathy.  I thought that it might be very helpful to get a national publishing house to publish my book.  I started to plan my book and sent a proposal to a national publishing house.  I was blessed to get that YES in an instant, because as I teach in my program on Expert Positioning, it normally takes up to three months before a publisher comes back to you regarding your manuscript AND they normally want at least three chapters.
I completed my manuscript within two months and my book In Mekaar Se Skoene was officially published five months later.  I secured a weekly Empathy slot on SABC Radio: RSG and on 25 January 2014, I’ll be doing that for two years.

After being on air for a year, I was extremely grateful.  And like my habit is when I am grateful, I looked for an opportunity to share.  How could I share my wonderful platform with others? I wondered...  

A-ha!  The Empathy Angels Project on RSG came to mind.  Okay, but now I have to convince RSG to say yes to me about sharing my platform with others.  I contacted the producer.  She responded with a Yes.  She said that she liked the idea very much.  The Empathy Angels on RSG was born.
Over the last year, we have featured many wonderful people, doing great work to uplift people in various communities.  This is just one of my many passions that make me come alive. 


Thank you
I owe a big thank you the “Oggend Op RSG”-team, but also to RSG management for their wonderful contribution to assist me and The Empathy Foundation to contribute to keeping Madiba’s legacy alive.  A big thank-you to our friends and followers too, because without your participation in sending us your Empathy Angel suggestion we would not be able to do what we do.  

Please keep those suggestions coming.


Make a donation and help us continue our great work
The Empathy Foundation is an NPO and as you know, we depend on donations to keep things afloat.  Hence we are sending out a request to organisations to donate to this great cause.  We have a great track record, are able to supply you with relevant documents and we do what we say we do. 

See this link to our Facebook page:

Should you be interested in donating to this great case, here are our banking details

ACCOUNT NAME:  The Empathy Foundation, NPO 070-849.
BANK:      Absa Bank
BRANCH:     Clearwater Mall
ACCOUNT NUMBER:  9284575199
BRANCH CODE:   632005

SARS PBO NUMBER:  930041748


Our Logo


The Empathy Angels project
Those who know me know that I am always focused on giving value and to add something extra.  This is the reason we have decided to first launch The Empathy Angels project and to provide the best publicity to all the Empathy Angels whom we feature.  We all know how much it costs to make use of the services of a PR Consultant.  They certainly do not come cheap.

Our Empathy Angels have given us great feedback about how much being featured as an Empathy Angel has meant to them and their projects, not to mention the enquiries they have received from businesses that wanted to know how they could support or contribute to their individual causes.  So, I think that you will agree with me that our Empathy Angels are getting quite a fantastic deal.  

Please note however, that we DO NOT guarantee that you will be contacted with offers of support.

Here at The Empathy Foundation, we have gone back to the drawing board to ensure that apart from continuing our great work, to also ensure that The Empathy Foundation becomes sustainable.  For this reason, we have decided to, as from next year, charge the Empathy Angels who are being featured a small administration fee of R250, 00.  This will cover the telephone calls to you as Empathy Angel, email correspondence, compiling your story and forwarding it to the RSG producer, via email.  See below for an outline, options and benefits to you.

As the Founder of the organisation, I am very excited and happy when I design your collage, when I choose which images to add. It is important to me to ensure that you, our Empathy Angels, are portrayed in the best possible light, in a way that makes you feel satisfied about your association with The Empathy Foundation and The Empathy Angels project.  

It takes time to create your beautiful collage and I believe that you’ll understand the importance of having to charge a small admin fee to create this.

Your contribution goes directly to the Empathy Foundation. Thank you for understanding.

Please note that your interview as Empathy Angel on SABC Radio: RSG remains free.  You are also not paying for the collage, only for my time

Here are the payment options and benefits:
AMOUNT
BENEFITS
R250, 00
(for my time)
A beautiful (and free) collage with images about your project; shared on the Facebook page of The Empathy Foundation.
R500, 00
A beautiful (and free) collage with images about your project; shared on the Facebook page of The Empathy Foundation, on my Facebook wall and on the wall of two other Facebook groups to which I belong, on Linked in and on Twitter. 

PLUS...

You qualify to ask me about one module in my program, entitled: EXPERT POSITIONING – how to grow your personal brand or business by getting great publicity.

You could ask me anything about the following – one area only
   Writing and publishing your book;

    Have a reputable publication tell your inspirational life – or business story;

    Be a regular guest on radio or television;

    Register your passion as an NPO;

    Becoming a columnist;


Your ASK Andeline-session will take place in a pre-arranged 30 minute session via SKYPE.  T’s & C’s apply.


Like our Facebook page: The Empathy Foundation and stay informed about what’s happening on our side.  

The next chapter
We are currently planning to host the first Empathy Angels Awards Ceremony at the end of July 2014.  I am very happy to report that we have already secured a Media Partner.  This should tell you that this organisation really means business and is indeed serious about contributing to the greater good.  We live in a society where it is “every man for him /herself”.  Not in our world, because we realise how we could get so much further when we join hands. With this initiative, we want to give recognition to those people who take time out to be kind, caring and considerate; those individuals who are doing something to brighten someone else’s day, because we believe that it is cool to be kind.

We will share more information about our Media partner(s) and about what we are planning, early next year.


Do you want to be a Sponsor to The Empathy Angels Awards Ceremony?
If your organisation would like to come on board as Sponsor to this prestigious event and would like to receive more information about the project and about the benefits to you as sponsor, do contact me (Andeline).
Mobile: 072 856 0218

All other enquiries are welcome too.

Thank you for your time and for travelling this journey with us.  The dreams continue and I promise to keep you posted.


Yours in Empathy,
Andeline Williams-Pretorius
Founder of The Empathy Foundation, NPO 070-849
Inspirational Speaker, Trainer, Author
Life Coach & Columnist to Kuier magazine
Empathy & Relationship Expert on SABC Radio: RSG


See below for some of our previous Empathy Angels, featured on SABC Radio: RSG.  Their great work continues. 





























No comments:

Post a Comment